Kick-off your older girl’s adventure with Compass!
The GSMIDTN Compass program is a uniquely adventurous older girl experience that allows Girl Scouts in grades 6-12 to continue (or begin!) their Girl Scout story with like-minded girls.
The Compass program may act as a supplement to traditional troop activities or as an alternative way to participate in Girl Scouts with more intensive outdoor trainings and adventures including overnight backpacking, adventure climbing, and white-water rafting. Compass Girl Scouts will embrace a challenge, learn the importance of teamwork, and commit to problem-solving. Their adventures translate to personal growth and lifelong values.
By participating in the Compass program your girl can:
- Explore adventure and STEAM activities in a new way
- Meet new friends from other troops around Middle Tennessee
- Carve their own path of what it means to be a Girl Scout
- Use their growing independence to realize their dreams
- Make a difference in their community through a leadership Journey
Interested in a no-limits space where girls can be themselves and try new things while friends cheer them on? Learn more today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often are Compass events or programs scheduled?
We hope to have two events each month for Compass Girl Scouts to participate in. No events are required, but there will be a handful of events that are for Compass participants only.
View our Events Calendar Browse all Programs by Girl Scout Level, Category, and Date!
- Where do Compass events or programs take place?
The Compass program events will take place at GSMIDTN camp properties or local and state parks.
- How can I register for Compass events or programs?
All event and program registrations may be completed on CouncilAlignMENT.
- How much does it cost?
All Compass program participants must complete GSUSA membership registration for a $25 fee. Uniforms are optional and typically cost $30, and all additional program events will have a cost associated ranging from $15-$65. Financial assistance is available for membership dues, uniforms, council programs, and summer camp.
- What supplies are needed to participate in Compass?
We ask that you not purchase any backpacking or other outdoor supplies before attending a 10 Essentials training with a GSMIDTN staff member. The training will teach Girl Scouts how to make good choices when purchasing equipment if they wish to do so. Additionally, our council has limited resources available for use.