Hello, and welcome to our online home for Troop Leader Resources!
To make materials accessible to every leader, we have created this virtual binder of materials, resources, and forms for you. Whether you are a new or returning leader, these materials will help you guide your troop through a safe, fun, and organized year.
For new leaders, this virtual resource center is available after your training in which you’ll learn how and why to use these materials. To help you get started we’ll also provide you with the New Leader Guide to Success. This is provided to new leaders that attend the training.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Regional Executive. Thank you for being a leader and volunteering with us. We couldn’t do this work without you!
Download GSMIDTN Leader’s Guide to Success
- Girl Scout Basics
- Girl Scout Promise and Law
- Girl Scout is for Every Girl
- GSMIDTN Badge Explorer
- GSMIDTN Council’s Own Patches
- Uniform Insignia, Pin, and Badge Placement
- Girl Scout Traditions
- Bridging Ceremonies (Blog Post)
- Investiture Ceremonies – coming soon!
- Rededication Ceremonies – coming soon!
- Flag Ceremonies
- Faith-Based Awards
- Volunteer Appreciation and Adult Awards
- Troop Setup
- New Volunteer and Troop Checklist
- New Troop Sample Email to Families
- New Family Guide to Girl Scouts
- How to Host Your First Family Meeting (Video)
- How to Host a Recruiting and Welcome Meeting (Blog Post)
- Family Participation Interest Survey
- 4Her Leader Guide and Handout
- Starting a Team-Led Troop – coming soon!
- GSMIDTN Shop Uniform Order Form (Bulk or Individual)
- Uniform Financial Assistance Form (Jotform)
- Health History Permission Form
- CouncilAlignMENT Guidebook
- Banking and Fund Management Guidebook – coming soon!
- Troop Financial Record (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Troop Financial Record (Printable PDF)
- Free Volunteer Trainings
- Troop Meeting Resources
- Troop Forms and Resources
- Safety and Travel Resources
- Guide for Traveling Troops
- Travel Progression Chart
- Property Reservations
- Standard Safety Guidelines
- Safety Activity Checkpoints
- Intent to Travel Packet
- General Permission Form
- Health History Permission Form
For more information or questions about Troop Travel, contact Sue Tims at STims@gsmidtn.org.
- Volunteer Essentials
Download GSMIDTN Volunteer Essentials
- Appendix A – Let Girls Take the Lead
- Appendix B – Outdoor Progression
- Appendix C – Travel Progression
- Appendix D – Community Service vs. Take Action
- Appendix E – Running a Multi-Level Troop
- Appendix F – Resolving Communication Issues
- Appendix G – Setting Up A Virtual Meeting
- Appendix H – Teaming Up With Troop Families
- Appendix I – Girl Scouts Is For Everyone
- Appendix J – Questions Your Service Unit Manager Wishes You Would Ask
- Appendix K – How To Build A Troop Committee
- Appendix L – How To Foster Respectful Conversations
- Appendix M – Tips For A Parent Meeting
- Appendix N- Entrepreneurship Badges & Pins
For more information or questions about Volunteer Essentials, contact Volunteer Resources at email@example.com.
Click on the image you want, then right-click to download.
Printed Flyers and Invites
Click on the image you want and right-click to download, or use the links below.