Whether it’s selling cookies, magazines, or nuts, when a Girl Scout participates in one of our Product Programs, she’s building confidence and strengthening financial literacy skills like how to give, how to save, and how to spend. The money girls earn through product programs can be used to go on camping trips, ride horses, do fun activities, and serve the community with their troop! Our product programs are on a mission: to help girls learn five skills that are essential to leadership, success, and life.
The Five Skills
- Goal Setting: Girls set cookie sale goals and create a plan to reach them with their team.
- Decision Making: Girls decide where and when to sell cookies, how to market their sale, and what to do with their earnings.
- Money Management: Girls develop a budget, take cookie orders, and handle customers’ money.
- People Skills: Girls learn how to talk (and listen) to customers, as well as how to work with a team.
- Business Ethics: Girls gain the knowledge to be well-rounded businesswomen.