In 2019, girls in our council earned 12,520 badges focusing on Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy.
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee incites enthusiasm for the entrepreneurial spirit which is vital for girls to succeed in today’s world. While progress has been made, women are still underrepresented in leadership roles, often only accounting for small percentages of CEOs and other top executives.
Girl Scouts provides girls with the opportunities to develop the entrepreneurial skills they need to succeed in life, the courage to fail and try again, and the tools to build an independent future and make the world a better place.
When a Girl Scout participates in our product programs, she learns…
- Goal Setting: Girls set product program goals and create a plan to reach them with their team.
- Decision Making: Girls decide where and when to sell, how to market their sales, and what to do with their earnings.
- Money Management: Girls develop a budget, take orders, and handle customers’ money.
- People Skills: Girls learn how to talk (and listen) to customers, as well as how to work with a team.
- Business Ethics: Girls gain the knowledge to be well-rounded businesswomen.