Please email the following to email@example.com.
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation or promotion practices.
For full-time positions, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance and long-term disability. The council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
Latino Membership Manager
Supervisor: Director of Urban Membership
Position Overview: Serve as liaison between GSMT and the Hispanic community in Middle Tennessee. Implement strategies and initiatives to increase involvement among Hispanic families, girls, volunteers, and community organizations. Introduce the Latino community to Girl Scouting and the leadership opportunities it offers to girls of all backgrounds and abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with the Hispanic community and educate this population about Girl Scouts
- Recruit Hispanic girls and adult volunteers to join Girl Scouts
- Handle administrative tasks related to recruitment, registration, and retention of members and volunteers
- Plan and lead trainings for new volunteers
- Secure program sites and gain recruitment opportunities with community partners
- Use cultural and language appropriate skills to engage Hispanic families at Girl Scout events
- Work collaboratively with various council staff and external agencies to develop key strategies to attract the Hispanic community to the Girl Scout movement and execute said strategies
- Meet recruitment goals that align with the council strategic plan as well as the strategic plan set forth for growing Hispanic membership
- Perform the duties of troop leaders as needed
- Provide product programs support to troop leaders and parents during Fall Product and Cookie programs
- Compile, analyze and interpret demographics, membership trends and other available market data and uses it to design membership strategies for the Hispanic community
- Oversee local troop bank accounts to ensure integrity and responsibility when handling troop funds
- Track and report necessary data in a timely manner
- Prepare membership and other reports as requested
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Have a deep understanding and an ability to interact with the Latino cultures in Middle Tennessee
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to fluently communicate in English and in Spanish, in both written and oral formats
- Comfortable with public speaking and introducing new constituents to Girl Scouting
- Manage language resources including translation quality of written materials between the native language and English, including correspondence, forms, applications, notices and other written materials of the xouncil
- Assist the staff with understanding differences in culture and traditions
- Attend multicultural community events as requested
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Ability to accommodate a flexible and demanding work schedule including evenings and weekends that meets the needs of a complex membership constituency
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout the council’s 39 county jurisdiction
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exceptional customer service skills
- Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Download the digital Latino Membership Manager Job Description.
Girl Innovator Facilitators
Girl Innovator Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee, on things like Squishy Circuits, Lego Robotics, Mission EGGpossible and more! Sessions are scheduled by the Senior Program Manager at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
We’re looking for those with experience and an interest in education or science. Comfortable with public speaking. Able to work with diverse audiences. Enthusiasm for science and technology, and interest in presenting science programs to diverse Girl Scout troops. Bilingual is desirable.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year-round at our camp properties. Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more. To apply, please submit the completed Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitator Application to Jessica Burgett at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 460-0213.
The Program Event Facilitator works with the Program Managers to deliver prepared Girl Scout activities to girls K-12 at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
Help the girls discover who they want to become, how they belong, what they believe and how they can influence their own outcomes and their community. In a group setting you will assist the girls in different. You will help facilitate activities for the girls with Girl Scout staff, ensure proper health and safety standards are followed, adapt program materials and serve as a positive role model for the girls. Bilingual is desirable.
- Summer Camp
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee Council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our contact form to start shaping the lives of girls!