Please email the following to email@example.com.
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
For full-time positions, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, and long-term disability. The council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, and cancer and accident insurance.
Full Time Positions
- VP of Membership
Job Title: VP of Membership
Position Overview: Directs and leads all aspects of the Membership including LEAD, Troop 6000, Faith and Hispanic Initiatives to ensure sustainable girl and adult membership through innovative marketing, recruitment and retention and achieving annual girl and adult membership goals as outlined in our plan of work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing GSMIDTN goal to reach a council-wide membership market share of 10% or grow girl membership to 15,000 girls during the current Council Plan of Work
- Accountable for the membership goals established for the GSMIDTN in girl and volunteer categories of the Plan of Work.
- Management oversight of Regional Executives
- Provide the data and information to the CEO and leadership to assess and determine areas for growth and opportunities.
- GSMIDTN expert on all facets of membership and adult volunteer support of girl membership
- Provide administrative direction and supervision to the Regional Executives and Director of Training, using GSMIDTN resources to provide constant coaching, development and motivation
- Supervise development and management of membership and training budgets
- Work with the Regional Executives to assure an increase in the retention of adult volunteers and volunteer satisfaction.
- Provide supervision for the strategy of marketing support to create and provide GSMIDTN knowledge of the impact of membership services and programs
- Assure that GSMIDTN is providing quality programs that will attract and retain membership
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the integrated role of membership with operations, communications and fund development
- Must provide GSMIDTN with a strategic and analytical assessment of membership numbers and progress towards goals
- Design, implement and monitor innovative ways to provide customized membership programs
- Serve as an advocate for Girl Scouts in the community and build community awareness and support for Girl Scouts and its contribution to the community’s needs and values
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team and assist in making decisions on the operations of the council.
- Implement the decisions made by the senior leadership team as they relate to areas supervised
- Act as liaison to assigned committees of the Board of Directors
- Assist the CEO and Director of Development in the cultivation and management of donor relationships
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in management, marketing, or other related fields
- Demonstrated ability to manage a staff and a budget
- Proven organizational, strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer and Microsoft Office software proficiency required
- Excellent human relations, verbal and written communication skills, motivational and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to encourage consensus and teamwork
- Innovation and creativity in developing programs to meet membership needs and reach underserved populations
- Strong skills in analyzing data, and in organizing and planning multi-faceted projects from conceptualization to evaluation
- Current valid drivers’ license, proof of vehicle insurance, and transportation availability
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Experience in volunteer management or personal volunteer experience preferred
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exception customer service skills
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory
- Willing to travel throughout the GSMIDTN 39-county jurisdiction
- Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report
- Organized, independent thinker and self-starter
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
Part Time & Seasonal Positions
- Summer Camp Employees and Interns
To apply, please review the employment opportunities listed on our Summer Camp page and submit the completed application to the correct contact.
- Program Facilitators
Council Program Event Facilitator
The Council Program Event Facilitator works with the Program Managers to deliver prepared Girl Scout activities to girls K-12 at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
Help the girls discover who they want to become, how they belong, what they believe, and how they can influence their own community. You will help facilitate activities for the girls with Girl Scout staff, ensure proper health and safety standards are followed, adapt program materials, and serve as a positive role model for the girls. Bilingual is desirable.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year-round at our camp properties. Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and are scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing, and more. To apply, please submit the completed Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitator Application to Lanny Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 460-0218.
Girl Innovator Facilitators
Girl Innovator Facilitators deliver quality programs like Squishy Circuits, Lego Robotics, Mission EGGpossible, and more! Designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee, these sessions are scheduled by the Senior Program Manager at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
We’re looking for those with experience, comfort with public speaking, enthusiasm for science and technology, and interest in presenting science programs to Girl Scout troops. Applicants must be able to work with diverse audiences. Bilingual is desirable.
- Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts, we are hiring Girl Scout Trainers! Training is offered throughout our 39 counties and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Fill out our contact form to begin giving adult members and leaders the valuable tools they need!
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers and Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee Council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Fill out our contact form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area!
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our contact form to start shaping the lives of girls!