Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee offers amazing careers for talented, forward-thinking individuals who share our vision of helping girls change the world for the better.
Here’s your opportunity to enhance your career while making a difference in girls’ lives and in the world. At Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee, you can build a rewarding career in everything from programming to marketing to fund development—and more.
Please email the following to email@example.com.
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
For full-time positions, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee offers employer-paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, and long-term disability. The council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, and cancer and accident insurance.
Full Time Positions
- Program & Curriculum Specialist
Job Title: Program & Curriculum Specialist
Supervisor: Manager of Council Programs
Position Overview: Responsible for the development, publication, and execution of new curriculum in critical areas and delivering council programs that meet the needs and interests of Girl Scouts throughout our 39 county service area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, organizes, and delivers high-quality programs that meet the needs and interests of our girl membership.
- Develops and implements innovative new ways to deliver programs to our diverse population of girls, which include in-person programs, travel programs, and package programs.
- Develops, writes, and implements curriculum-based programs based on council focus areas and initiatives.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and community partners in developing meaningful curricula in critical areas including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Racial/Social Justice, Wellness, Civics, and Environmental Stewardship.
- Collaborates frequently with other members of the program team to plan and execute programs.
- Intermittently oversees part-time program facilitators.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with community partners, while cultivating relationships with new partners in the community.
- Markets Girl Scout programs in a variety of mediums including email blasts, flyer creation, presentations to service units, community and civic organizations, schools, and churches to promote programs and Girl Scouts in general.
- Helps position Girl Scouting as a key community resource and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
- Collaborates with other departments, including membership, fund development, communications, and volunteer resources, to deliver program experiences that are beneficial for our girl membership and our organization.
- Models behavior consistent with the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in k-12 curriculum writing and development.
- Subject matter expertise in Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion highly preferred.
- Experience in program development and delivery with youth.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Creative, outgoing, motivated, and able to design and deliver quality programs.
- Able to see projects through from conception to completion.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in individual and group settings and work with people of all ages.
- Goal-oriented, detail-oriented, energetic, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time for large groups of 50 or more.
- Able to handle sensitive information.
- Able to work up to 2 weekends per month seasonally.
- Demonstrated computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
- Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including travel throughout our 39 county service area.
Physical Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry, or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to outside environments, including uneven and/or unpredictable terrain and variable weather conditions typical of the region.
- Daytime travel is sometimes required.
- A current valid drivers’ license and access to transportation is required.
Part Time & Seasonal Positions
- Summer Camp Employees and Interns
- Program Facilitators
Council Program Event Facilitator
The Council Program Event Facilitator works with the Program Managers to deliver prepared Girl Scout activities to girls K-12 at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
Help the girls discover who they want to become, how they belong, what they believe, and how they can influence their own community. You will help facilitate activities for the girls with Girl Scout staff, ensure proper health and safety standards are followed, adapt program materials, and serve as a positive role model for the girls. Bilingual is desirable.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators to work part-time, flexible hours year-round at our camp properties. Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and are scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing, and more. To apply, please submit the completed Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitator Application to Lanny Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts, we are hiring Girl Scout Trainers! Training is offered throughout our 39 counties and runs year-round, and classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Fill out our contact form to begin giving adult members and leaders the valuable tools they need!
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers and Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee Council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying levels of time commitment and activity. Fill out our contact form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area!
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership of their activities as a troop. Fill out our contact form to start shaping the lives of girls!