Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation or promotion practices.
For full-time positions, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance and long-term disability. The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
Regional Executive – Wilson, Sumner, Macon and Trousdale Counties
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill our opening in our Wilson and Sumner County region.
Position Overview: Provides direct delivery of services to girls and adult volunteers through management of the membership service area. Administers the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s plan of work for membership, growth and retention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures service area meets annual membership goals.
- Assists Director, Membership in the overall planning and administration of the geographic service area related to goals of the plan of work.
- Prioritizes goals and ensures that service area has a written membership plan based on demographics, membership trends and other market data.
- Coordinates and integrates with other departments’ operations to ensure successful implementation of program, events and delivery systems.
- Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of innovative new ways of extending membership to all communities within the service area.
- Oversees community, volunteer and financial support and collaborations including supporting the interface and cultivation of diverse funding sources throughout the service area.
- Participates in solicitation calls/presentations to key donors.
- Achieve assigned Girl Scouts Executive annual fundraising goal.
- Create and execute a strategy for a sustainable base of individual and corporate donors.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with future and current donors.
- Secure financial support from individuals and corporations.
- Develops and implements a plan to ensure Girl Scout visibility locally and cultivate community relationships and support.
- Positions Girl Scouting as a key community partner and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
- Works with the Communications team to ensure that Girl Scout activities are publicized throughout the service area.
- Participates in targeted community networking opportunities and takes leadership roles in the community.
Additional Management Duties
- Resolves conflicts and provides advice and guidance to volunteers.
- Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated by the Director, Membership.
Qualified candidates must have reliable transportation and the ability to work a flexible schedule which will include some nights and weekends.
Girl Innovator Facilitators
Girl Innovator Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee, on things like Squishy Circuits, Lego Robotics, Mission EGGpossible and more! Sessions are scheduled by the Senior Program Manager at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
We’re looking for those with experience and an interest in education or science. Comfortable with public speaking. Able to work with diverse audiences. Enthusiasm for science and technology, and interest in presenting science programs to diverse Girl Scout troops. Bilingual is desirable.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year-round at our camp properties. Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more. To apply, please submit the completed Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitator Application to Jessica Burgett at email@example.com or (615) 460-0213.
The Program Event Facilitator works with the Program Managers to deliver prepared Girl Scout activities to girls K-12 at various sites within our 39 county service area. This is a part-time position with a varied schedule. Travel and a valid driver’s license is required.
Help the girls discover who they want to become, how they belong, what they believe and how they can influence their own outcomes and their community. In a group setting you will assist the girls in different. You will help facilitate activities for the girls with Girl Scout staff, ensure proper health and safety standards are followed, adapt program materials and serve as a positive role model for the girls. Bilingual is desirable.
- Summer Camp
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee Council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our contact form to start shaping the lives of girls!