With Girl Scout properties across the Middle Tennessee region, girls can take part in summer residential and day camps as well as year-round camp activities. Each property offers adventures for Girl Scouts of all ages!
Whether it’s rappelling down the tower at Camp Holloway in Millersville, trekking through the wooded trails at Camp Piedmont in Readyville, or riding the horses at Camp Sycamore Hills in Ashland City, girls are certain to create memories that will last a lifetime.
|Due to current COVID-19 precautions, property reservations are only available for day-use and are limited to outdoor pavilions and other spaces. The Nashville Service Center, Josephine’s Lodge, the Red Barn, all cabins, and other indoor spaces may NOT be reserved at this time.|
Properties Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I go camping without taking outdoor courses?
No. For the safety of the girls, you must take outdoor trainings with Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee prior to camping.
- When do we receive our deposit back?
You will receive your deposit refund within thirty days of the completion of your final attendance and property survey. Reference “Is it possible to lose your deposit?” for deposit conditions.
- Is it possible to lose your deposit?
You must leave the campsite in the same or better condition than when you arrived. If there is any damage or additional cleaning needed by the site manager, you will not receive your deposit. You will receive your deposit back upon 4 conditions.
- There is no damage to the unit or camp. (You will be charged for damages that exceed the amount of your deposit.)
- The unit or camp is left clean.
- You have completed your final attendance in CouncilAlignMENT. If you are unable to complete an accurate final attendance due to unsigned liability waivers you forfeit your reservation deposit. Final attendance is confirmed by council.
- You have completed the property survey in CouncilAlignMENT.
- Are dads allowed to come as well?
Yes, men are allowed. There are guidelines, so please notify the reservation specialist and refer to your Troop Camping Manual.
- What do we need to pack?
For a complete list of what to bring to camp, please refer to your Troop Camping Manual received in your outdoor training courses.
- Can we bring our other children or friends?
In the interest of providing the best possible Girl Scout experience, we don’t allow tag-alongs during troop camping. Tag-alongs are boys or girls, 18 years of age or younger who are not registered Girl Scouts.
- What time can we check-in? And when is check-out?
Day Use AM check-in is 8:00 a.m. and check-out is 3:00 p.m. Day Use PM check-in is 4:00 p.m. and check-out is 11:00 p.m. For Full Day Use, check-in is 8:00 a.m. and check-out is 11:00 p.m.
For Overnight Reservations, check-in is 3:00 p.m. and check-out is 1:00 p.m. the following day.
- If you don’t have camping equipment, will Girl Scouts provide equipment?
Camping equipment is available for use with a deposit. Please review our Resource Reservation Form for a list of available equipment and check-out procedures.
- Can we camp during the week?
Yes! Week-day camping is available and ideal for families that homeschool, for use during school breaks, etc.
- Will campsites close during inclement weather?
If Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee closes camp due to inclement weather, we will refund your fees/deposits. If the service unit or troop cancels but the property remains open, fees will be retained.
- Are Girl Scouts camp staff available at each of the campsites?
Site managers live at Camp Sycamore Hills and Camp Holloway. Camp Piedmont has an off-site manager. The site manager’s name and phone number will be sent to the troop leader when the site is reserved.
- Are campsites available during the winter months?
Some campsites feature buildings that are winterized. In tent units and buildings that are not insulated, the water system is turned off November 1-March 31 and therefore not available.
- Who can reserve a Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee campsite?
Registered Girl Scout troops and service units can reserve any of our three sites through CouncilAlignMENT. Only service unit managers may register for camporees and events.
Outside organizations and businesses may reserve a site when there is no Girl Scout programming. Our camp facilities can support your business goals for developing teamwork, honing leadership skills, and enhancing group dynamics. Our state-of-the-art business retreat accommodations cater to groups of all sizes and are perfect for any upcoming event. Contact us to explore which facility best meets your needs.