April is one of our favorite months because there are so many great things to celebrate! It’s Volunteer Appreciation Month, Earth Day, Spring Registration Launch, and the beginning of warm weather and lots of outdoor activities again! To help your troop plan some fun activities this month, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite things for April.
- The Pixies of Sycamore – we have some exciting programs coming up with our equine team, so make sure to register for our upcoming Pixies of Sycamore! While this program is technically in May, but we don’t want you to miss out on registrations! With this program, you’ll travel to the world of pixies for an adventure, create your own pixie wings, learn to dance with a pegasus, go creek stomping for mermaid treasure, and compete in a pirate obstacle course. For more information and to sign up, visit CouncilAlignMENT.
- Celebrate Earth Day – Earth Day is on April 22 this month, and it’s the Girl Scout way to make the world a better place! To help your troop come up with some ways to celebrate Earth Day, check out this blog post for some ideas.
- EcoAction Virtual Field Trip – in honor of Earth Day, Discovery Education has an awesome virtual field trip with Boeing that investigates the themes of air, land, water, and waste, as well as different ways to improve the environment. This would be the perfect way to do an Earth Day activity with your troop! To attend this virtual field trip, click here.
- National Volunteer Week – April 18-24 is National Volunteer Week, so now is the perfect time to thank the wonderful volunteers that work with your troop! If you’re looking for inspiration on how to thank the special volunteers in your life, check out this blog post for some ideas.
- Cabin Items for Camp – are you going to either Camp Sycamore Hills or Camp Holloway this summer? Show off your Girl Scout pride while you’re at camp with some of our items from The Cabin! Click here to view our current Cabin inventory, and to place an order, email email@example.com.
- Tagalongs Shake – as it gets warmer outside, it’s the perfect time to whip up a new milkshake recipe! This Tagalongs Shake uses our favorite cooking ingredient (Girl Scout Cookies!) and looks like the perfect treat as the weather gets warmer. All you need is ice, half a box of Tagalongs, vanilla ice cream, milk, and whipped cream!
- Celebrate Highest Awards – Girl Scouts Honors Day is less than a month away, and we can’t wait to celebrate the achievements of Girl Scouts in Middle Tennessee. To learn more and RSVP, click here.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.