With February comes one of our favorite seasons of the year – Cookie Season! This month isn’t all about cookies though, so we’ve rounded up some of our favorite things in February do with your troop.
- Thin Mint Brownies – admit it, we’re all stocking up our freezers for the rest of the year with our favorite minty cookie – Thin Mints! While you’re buying cookies, we suggest grabbing an extra box of Thin Mints to make these warm and delicious Thin Mint Brownies!
- Horse Programs – our horse barn at Camp Sycamore Hills is open and running lessons and trail rides for troops! This is a great time to coordinate a day to visit before things get busy at camp this summer. For more information and to sign up for a trail ride or troop lesson date, visit CouncilAlignMENT.
- Leading Ladies of Color Adult Training – we’re excited to host a Leading Ladies of Color training at 6 PM on February 25 via Zoom! This free training will be taught by our Council Historian, Cindy Robinson, and will focus on the story of Josephine Holloway and introduce you to other influential women of color who worked to make Girl Scouting great in Middle Tennessee! To sign up, click here.
- Black History Month Patch – Girl Scouts has a long history of being inclusive and serving as a platform for all girls’ voices, regardless of their background. So, it’s not surprising that the first Black Girl Scout troop was founded in 1917—just five years after our inception. Here in Middle Tennessee one of our own, Josephine Holloway, made history by being the first-ever Black Girl Scout Troop Leader in 1942! This patch program will take you on a journey to explore the past, present, and future of Black History and why we celebrate! To earn this patch, click here.
- Kitchen Explorers 4-Part Dinner Class – calling all Girl Scout Chefs! Join Food Explorers to make dinner for your whole family! Each week you’ll be taught by a Registered Dietitian and learn how to make a brand new recipe. You’ll be making the following: Homemade Pizza, Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Southwest Taquitos, and Guacamole Grilled Cheeses with Baked Fries! A detailed grocery list will be provided, and many recipes are open to ingredient substitutions. This is a four-class series that will take place from March 9 through March 30 and is for Junior – Ambassador levels. Sign up via CouncilAlignMENT.
- Cookie Merchandise – it’s not too late to grab some awesome Cookie Season gear for your booths this month! The Cabin is stocked full of items to help your troop market their booths and Cookie Sales. Click here to view our current Cabin inventory, and to place an order, email email@example.com.
- World Thinking Day – World Thinking Day is on February 22 this year, and it’s a day of international friendship, as well as an opportunity for girls to speak out on issues affecting young women and fundraise for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries. Visit this blog post for ideas on how you can celebrate with your troop this year!
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.