On February 22 each year, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides across the nation and the world come together to celebrate World Thinking Day.
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity for girls to speak out on issues affecting young women and fundraise for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries.
This World Thinking Day, girls will celebrate being part of a global sisterhood that is the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
Peacebuilding is at the heart of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting and is as vital and relevant today as for the last 100 years. By completing the steps in this activity pack, Girl Guides and Girl Scouts will Stand Strong, Stand up, and Stand Together for peacebuilding.
Earn your World Thinking 2021 badge by trying out these activities:
- Step 1. Create a ‘brave space’ for your group so that they are ready to fully participate
- Step 2. Complete one activity from each of the three sections (Stand Up, Stand Strong, Stand Together)
- Step 3. Act for peace, complete the closing activity, and renew your Girl Scout Promise
Take these steps and use the resource below to help you stand together and take action to build peace on global issues that are important to you! We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve.
Resources for Grades K-5
- World Thinking Day Activity Guide for Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
- Take a Stand: A Guide for Kids Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Global Action Activity Guide for Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
Resources for Grades 6-12
- World Thinking Day Activity Guide for Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Cadettes
- Share Your Passion: A Guide for Tweens Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Seniors and Ambassadors
- Join the Movement: A Guide for Teens Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Global Action Activity Guide for Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors