Happy (almost) New Year! Many of us are really excited to kick off a fresh start in 2021, and that can bring up the popular topic of New Year Resolutions! If you are talking about resolutions with your troop this year, there are several different ways to tie in one of our Girl Scout badges with a resolution to work on. Read on below for a round up of some of our favorite badges to help your troop address a resolution to work on this year!
- Help the Environment. A great resolution to work on in 2021 is helping the environment! There are so many different ways you and your troop can work on this. Some ideas are working to conserve water, conserve electricity, recycle, or help out the trees and forests around us! There are several Girl Scout badges or Council’s Own patches to help you do just that!
- Looking to conserve more water? Try working on our Council’s Own Patch, I Tapped Out.
- Looking to help conserve electricity? Participate in an Earth Hour with your troop to earn the Earth Hour Patch!
- Want to help out the forests and trees around us? Work on the Project Green Tree Patch with your troop!
- Want to learn more about the environment and taking care of it? Try some of these virtual badge activities: Eco Learner for Daisies, Eco Friend for Brownies, Eco Camper for Juniors, Eco Trekker for Cadettes, Eco Explorer for Seniors, or Eco Advocate for Ambassadors.
- Boost Healthy Habits. One of the most popular resolutions is working to build healthy habits! Whether you and your troop are looking to work on self-care, becoming more active, or cooking healthy meals, we have some badges and patches to help your troop work toward those goals.
- Does your troop want to learn more about cooking? Learning how to make nutritious meals and snacks can be a great way to build healthy habits! Check out our At-Home Badges to Inspire Chefs blog for a breakdown of cooking badges for each level.
- Self-care, staying fit, and women’s health are all some important topics to help boost healthy habits! If your troop would like to work on learning about some of these topics, check out our At-Home Badges for Healthy Living blog for a breakdown of different health-focused badges for each level.
- Walking can be a great way to stay active! If your troop would like to work on a fun walking patch together, check out our Council’s Own Patch, Walk This Way.
- Learn How to Be Responsible with Money. Are you trying to stick to a budget this year? Or maybe your troop just wants to learn more about money skills to help with Cookie Season? We have some badges and patches that can help with financial literacy!
- Girl Scouts have several different badges to help increase financial literacy. Badge topics include things like: Budgeting, Savvy Shopper, Business Plans, Financing My Dreams, Good Credit, and many more! To view the different badges by level, visit our Badge Explorer and search by the topic “financial literacy.”
- Do you have a Daisy Troop looking to just start learning about money? Check out our virtual badge activity Money Counts for Daisies.
- Spread Kindness. Giving back, volunteering more, or finding ways to spread kindness are all great resolutions for the New Year! The Girl Scout Law states that we will “make the world a better place” and “be a sister to every Girl Scout,” so spreading a little kindness in 2021 is an amazing goal to work on with your troop!
- Looking for somewhere to start with spreading kindness? For Daisies and Brownies, we have some great virtual badge activities that teach basic kindness principles. Check out our Good Neighbor Badge for Daisies or Fair Play Badge and Philanthropist Badge for Brownies.
- Looking to build better manners? Try out our Council’s Own Patch, Mannerly Me!
- Have you ever heard of our Adopt a Grandparent Patch? This is a great way for your troop to work on giving back to the community!
If you or your troop works on a New Year Resolution, make sure to share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or tagging us on Facebook or Instagram!