Now that it’s summer, we have a lot of fun outdoor activities for our “Spotlight” monthly blog post series. These are a few of our favorite things for June, and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- S’mores Dip – summer nights always bring to mind one of our favorite treats – s’mores! If you’re having a camp-in or looking to make this summer treat for the family, try a fun twist on a favorite camp recipe. This S’mores Dip can be made in 10 minutes, uses only 4 ingredients, and makes an entire pan of delicious, melty s’mores. Serve with graham crackers or fresh fruit, and you’ll have the perfect indoor s’mores.
- Virtual Camporee – join Girl Scouts and their families across Middle Tennessee on June 2 for a Virtual Camporee! This magical evening of camp, from the comfort of your own home, will include sing-a-longs, fun activities, and a virtual campfire. Pitch a tent in your yard or create a blanket fort in your house to sleep in. Show off your cooking skills, make a traditional camp craft, and schedule to have a video chat with your friends or troop. This free event will include more activities to give you a taste of overnight camp without leaving home!
- Hurray for Hiking Patch Program – earn our new Council’s Own Patch by enjoying the outdoors and going on a few hikes! To earn the Hurray for Hiking patch, you will need to complete at least two hikes at two separate Tennessee State Parks between May 18 and September 14. When you’ve completed your hikes, fill out this completion form to order your patch.
- Make Your Own Suncatcher – decorate your windows for summer with this fun art project! This Make Your Own Suncatcher activity needs the following materials: mason jar rings, paper plate, markers, circle coloring pages, scissors, cotton balls, vegetable oil, tacky glue, and string.
- Fort Jefferson Virtual Field Trip – we’re loving this free virtual field trip from Studies Weekly that allows girls to learn more about Fort Jefferson at the Dry Tortugas National Park!
- GSMIDTN Scrunchies – show your Girl Scout pride this summer while keeping your hair out of your face! The Cabin is selling these adorable GSMIDTN Scrunchies for only $5. Email email@example.com to purchase one, and they’ll ship it to you for free!
- Animal Adventures – if you’re missing our horses at Camp Sycamore Hills, our Animal Adventures week will be perfect for you! You’ll learn animal nutrition, take a virtual field trip to the Camp Sycamore Hills horse barn and a local rescue organization to learn about careers with animals and how to help animals in your community. From June 22-26, this week is part of our Adventures Anywhere program, and the deadline to sign up is June 5. Fill out this form to sign up for Animal Adventures.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.