Whether they’ll be at Camp Holloway or Camp Sycamore Hills this summer or not, anyone can participate in Adventures Anywhere!
This is our summer camp subscription box that includes camp activities led by a counselor each day. Make new friends, have some crafty fun, and beat summer boredom!
Schedule: Just like in-person camp programming, each week has a theme and age-specific activities. You can choose what most interests your Girl Scout!
Subscription Box: Each box costs $50 (including shipping), will come right to your door, and will include:
- Five scheduled age-specific activities led by a camp counselor with all except basic materials included!
- One “all camp” Zoom call with the theme of the week (dance party, talent show, etc). This call will be different each week so girls have different experiences even if they choose multiple boxes.
- Additional field trip Zoom calls with the theme of the week. Last year we visited Nashville Humane Association, Cumberland River Compact, Nashville Shores, and a veterinarian office!
- Slideshow of the week on Friday morning.
- Branded GSMIDTN Adventures Anywhere swag!
Prices and Discounts:
- Each box costs $50 (including shipping) and will include most materials for your program. You will need to supply some materials and will be given a list ahead of time.
- Financial Assistance is available! Submit Program Financial Assistance Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Animal Adventures (June 14-18)
There are so many animals to learn about! Explore animal care, native habitats, and more! You’ll learn animal nutrition, how to help animals in our community, and take a virtual field trip to a local rescue organization.
- Daisy Badge: Cheers for Animals
- Brownie Badge: Bugs and Eco Friend
- Junior Badge: Animal Habitats
- Cadette Badge: Animal Helpers
- Senior Badge: Voice for Animals
- Girl Scout Chefs (June 28-July 2)
Chop, sizzle, and sauté your way through this week of camp! Learn to make delectable meals, bread, and treats from scratch. Perfect these skills with your Girl Scout sisters and end the week with a timed challenge, complete with mystery ingredients!
- Daisy Badge: Daisy Flower Garden
- Brownie Badge: Snacks
- Junior Badge: Simple Meals
- Cadette Badge: New Cuisines and Eats for You
- Senior Badge: Locavore
- Muggles Meet Magic (July 18-23)
Hogwarts is sending the magic to you! Make your own magical crafts, make delicious magical treats, learn about magical creatures, and compete with your fellow students in the virtual Tri-Wizard tournament! This week is full of magical surprises.
- Daisy Badge: Think Like a Citizen Scientist
- Brownie Badge: Home Scientist
- Junior Badge: Gardener
- Cadette Badge: Animal Helper, New Cuisines, and Special Agent
- Senior Badge: Game Visionary
Frequently Asked Questions
- What has changed since last year?
We heard your feedback and listened! Families asked for more activities led by staff, more virtual field trips, and more ways for girls to connect with each other. Instead of pre-recorded videos and some Zoom sessions, your camper will have a scheduled Zoom session with their “Cabin Group” and camp staff once per day in addition to our campfire on Thursday night, All Camp Zoom activity on Friday, and additional field trips. We’re working on finding ways to have the girls connect via chat in real-time so that they can continue meeting after camp.
You also told us that you want to make sure your camper earns badges as part of the Adventures Anywhere program, and we are adding badge requirements to our programming! Each week will work towards one or more badges for each age level. Information can be found in the description of each theme week above.
- When will I receive each camp box?
We will ship each camp box no later than the Monday before your week at camp is scheduled to start. This will allow plenty of time for delivery and also allow you to store your box outside for a few days as a precaution prior to opening if you wish.
- When is each activity going to be scheduled?
1:00-2:00pm Field Trip
All Camp Activity 2:30-3:30pm Cadette/Senior/
- Do I have to participate in the Zoom portion of the program?
Each box will include instructions for each activity – you are not required to participate in the Zoom portion of the program. However, some activities may be based on participating with girls in each group, and those activities won’t be able to be done at home without participating in the Zoom.
- What if I can’t make each scheduled activity?
That’s okay! Some girls will use the box as a way to connect with their troop or do projects at home. We encourage you to attend as much as you can so you get to know a few girls in your cabin.
- How are boxes packed?
Staff packing boxes will take every precaution, including masks and gloves, when packing activity boxes. We encourage you to take all CDC suggested precautions when opening and using the contents of your box.
- How do I register and pay?
- How much does each box cost?
Each box costs $50 (including shipping) and will include most materials for your program. You will need to supply some materials and will be given a list ahead of time.
- Are badges included in the price of the box?
We are excited to offer badge-based activities in our Adventures Anywhere box program! Just like in-person summer camp and council-sponsored programs, each box will include activities that will work toward badges, but the entire badge may not be earned. Families are responsible for completing additional badge activities and purchasing badges for their girls. Badges may be purchased through The Cabin.
- What is the deadline to register for a camp box?
Camp box registrations must be received no later than three Fridays before the scheduled ship date (3 business weeks prior to the start of the camp program). This allows us to ensure that we have enough supplies and staff to make your experience great!
- What if I need to send my box to a different address than is on file for my Girl Scout?
That’s no problem! We’ll send an email several weeks before your program confirming the address we have on file. At that time you can ask to change it and the box will be sent to the new address. Changing the shipping address for your box will not change your address listed in CouncilAlignMENT.
- Where can I find the theme weeks for Adventures Anywhere?
Our schedule of themes is here.
- Can I request financial assistance to pay for the cost of Adventures Anywhere?
Yes! Simply fill out the Council-Sponsored Programs Financial Assistance Form and submit to Lanny Brown at LBrown@gsmidtn.org or fax to (615) 460-0218.