With the start of Fall, we have a lot of fun things to celebrate with your troop and enjoy the season! These are a few of our favorite things for October, and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Samoas Popcorn – trick or treat yourself and your troop to this thrilling snack! Try making this Samoas® Popcorn recipe for a Fall treat that contains our favorite ingredient – Girl Scout Cookies!
- Democracy Badges – you don’t have to be 18 to use your voice and participate in the democratic process! With the election right around the corner, now is the perfect time to work on the new Democracy Badges with your troop! There is a badge for each level, and the materials and badges can be purchased from The Cabin by emailing email@example.com.
- Storyteller Patch Program – do you have a favorite Girl Scout story to tell? We have a patch for that! You can earn our limited Storyteller Patch by printing and filling out this patch form with your favorite story! Completed story forms should be scanned and emailed to Tracy Coleman or mailed to 4522 Granny White Pike, Nashville, TN 37204 (Attn: Tracy Coleman). We can’t wait to hear your stories! These patches will only be available while supplies last.
- Make Your Own Edible Wands – get in the Halloween spirit by making edible wands! This Edible Wands activity needs the following materials: pretzel rods, frosting, sprinkles, paper plates, cups, plastic knives, paper towels, fruit, kebob skewers, and *optional* food coloring for the frosting.
- Digital Photography Courses for Girl Scouts – we’re loving these online Digital Photography Courses for Girl Scouts with Vine Images Inc. These courses are mobile-friendly, and girls can work at their own pace to earn the Digital Photography Badge (Juniors) or the Vine Images Inc. Photography Patch.
- Fall Fun Patches – with the start of Fall comes a whole new lineup of Fun Patches in The Cabin, and they are selling them for only $1.25. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase one, and they’ll ship it to you for free or arrange a pickup at The Cabin.
- Horse Trail Rides and Troop Lessons – if you’re missing our horses at Camp Sycamore Hills, we have the perfect solution for you! We are still offering Trail Rides and Troop Lessons through October at Camp Sycamore Hills, and you’ll be able to spend some quality time with our equine friends. To sign your troop up for a trail ride or troop lesson, contact our Manager of Camp and Adventure Programs, Lauren Reichstein.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing email@example.com.