Today we want to introduce our new “Spotlight” monthly blog post series where we round up and highlight some of the resources, items, and activities that we’re excited about for the month. These are a few of our favorite things, and we hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Thin Mints Popcorn – do you have extra Thin Mints stocked up in your freezer? Use some of them for this sweet and salty snack! This Thin Mints Popcorn recipe uses our favorite ingredient (Girl Scout Cookies) and would be an easy snack to make with any grade level. This recipe uses Thin Mints, but we bet you can make your own spin on this recipe with any Girl Scout Cookie!
- Mission: Mask Making – this is one of our favorite ways to serve the community AND earn a Council’s Own Patch! Since April 24, our Council has made and donated more than 4,465 masks for essential workers! Girl Scouts have learned how to make both sew and non-sew masks, all while helping our community. Our goal is to make more than 5,000 masks by May 22, and you can help us get there. Visit our Mission: Mask Making page for instructions on how to make masks, a list of places to donate to, and a form to fill out for the patch.
- Make Your Own Xylophone Craft – toilet paper was one of everybody’s favorite things over the past few months, and we’ve come up with a fun craft activity to do with your recycled cardboard rolls! This Make Your Own Xylophone activity requires very few materials and helps re-purpose all of those toilet paper rolls.
- Pen Pals – this new program with our council helps girls and troops connect across Middle Tennessee. Each girl that signs up will be partnered with a another girl from across our 39 counties to correspond with. We can’t wait to see the new friends meeting up at programs and camps in the future, all while sharing interests and supporting each other along their Girl Scout journey. Sign up here to get your very own Pen Pal!
- Tundra Connection – we’re loving this free Virtual Field Trip that allows girls to learn more about polar bears and their arctic habitat! Tundra Connections is a great field trip for all ages and includes a broadcast and a Q&A session.
- GSMIDTN Tumblers – as we head into the summer, it’s important to stay hydrated! The Cabin is selling these adorable GSMIDTN Tumblers for only $12. Email email@example.com to purchase one, and they’ll ship it to you for free!
- Virtual Horse Riding Lesson – if you’re missing our horses at Camp Sycamore Hills, you can still take a Virtual Riding Lesson with our Equine Team! At the end of the video, there will be a short quiz to test what you learned.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.