What Can A Cookie Buy?
The Experience of a Lifetime!The Girl Scout Cookie Program is much more than a fundraiser, it is the largest girl-led business in the country and generates immeasurable benefits for girls, their local Girl Scout offices and communities nationwide. This hands-on financial literacy program provides girls with a means to enhance their public speaking skills, work in collaborative groups, set goals and map out a plan to achieve them. They also have a chance to connect with their community, build self-confidence and most importantly fuel their imaginations – all while having FUN! Selling Girl Scout cookies provides an important ingredient for leadership by helping girls develop five key skills:
- Goal Setting: Girls set cookie sales goals and, with their team, create a plan to reach them.
- Decision Making: Girls decide where and when to sell cookies, how to market their sale, and what to do with their earnings.
- Money Management: Girls develop a budget, take cookie orders, and handle customers’ money.
- People Skills: Girls learn how to talk (and listen!) to their customers, as well as learning how to work as a team with other girls.
- Business Ethics: Girls act honestly and responsibly during every step of the cookie sale.
2013-2014 Important Cookie Program Dates
|November 8-9||Training Dates for SU Cookie Coordinator|
|January 1||Order Taking Begins|
|January 18||Order Taking Ends|
|February 7-8||Cookies Delivered to SU’s/Troops|
|February 7-8||National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend|
|February 9||Booth Sales Begin|
|March 2||Cookie Program Ends|
Online Sales of Girl Scout Cookies
Girl Scouts of the USA does not currently allow online sales of Girl Scout Cookies, though we are presently researching a future state where it will be possible for girls to engage consumers in online sales, developing critical and relevant entrepreneurship skills in the process. The Cookie Locator can help you locate girls selling in your community by zip code. Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee will post information on where to find Girl Scout Cookie Booths during the program. Girl Scout Cookies found for sale online (Amazon, eBay, etc.) at auction and community list sites should not be purchased under any circumstances, as neither GSUSA, GSMT, nor our licensed baker, Little Brownie Bakers, can guarantee the freshness of these cookies. Further, purchasing cookies in this way does not support girls participating in the Girl Scout Cookie Program.