Got Cookies?Do you love frozen Thin Mints? Crave Samoas? Or yearn for other flavors of Girl Scout Cookies? At the beginning of every year, the largest girl-led business in the world is up and running with thousands of girls in Middle Tennessee eager to sell you your favorite Girl Scout Cookies.
Digital Cookie The traditions in Girl Scouts have allowed girls to gain valuable skills in the annual cookie program. Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is not participating in Girl Scouts of the USA’s Digital Cookie —a new pilot program that allows Girl Scouts to sell cookies digitally for the first time and allows customers to pay for shipping. While this program continues in it’s first pilot stages, we are observing how the program offers those valued skills for girls and is working in other councils.
This year, as we have for more than 44 years, Girl Scouts will be coming to you at area booths (go to http://cookielocator.littlebrownie.com or www.girlscoutcookies.org to find a booth near you) and door-to-door. Girl Scouts once again can use Cookie Club to create a video pitch and market their cookies online to their invited customers.
We’re looking forward to providing you with your favorite Girl Scout cookies.
2015 Important Cookie Program Dates
|November 7 & 8||Training Dates for SU Cookie Coordinator|
|January 1||Order Taking Begins|
|February 6-7||Cookies arrive in Middle Tennessee|
|February 8||Booth Sales Begin|
|February 27-28||National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend|
|March 1||Cookie Program Ends|
Five Amazing Skills Your Daughter Will Learn
- Goal Setting: Girls set cookie sale goals and, with their team, create a plan to reach them.
- Decision Making: Girls decide where and when to sell cookies, how to market their sale and what to do with their earnings.
- Money Management: Girls develop a budget, take cookie orders and handle customers’ money.
- People Skills: She will learn how to talk (and listen) to her customers, as well as learning how to work with a team.
- Business Ethics: She will gain the knowledge to be a well-rounded business women.