The year is winding down, but we’re not! Holiday festivities are underway, plus the smell of cookies is in the very near future…
- Scholarship – Upcoming Girl Scout graduates, we want to support your next chapter of leadership! The Agenia Clark Scholarship for Excellence in Leadership application is open for Gold Award Girl Scouts who plan on attending college in the U.S. next year. Apply by December 2— don’t wait until the last minute!
- Native American Heritage Month – The history and culture of Native Americans, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians are a fundamental part of who we are as a nation. November’s special patch program will help you explore the incredible heritage of America’s indigenous peoples.
- STEAM Day- Science. Technology. Engineering. Arts. Mathematics. We love learning more about these subjects so much that STEAM is one of the four pillars of Girl Scouts! November 8 is STEAM Day, so why not work on one of our STEAM badges with your troop? Find a badge that appeals to you— there’s everything from space exploring to board game design!
- Winter Trail Rides – Do you love winter, hot chocolate, and horses? Join us at Camp Sycamore Hills and enjoy a trail ride at a discounted price! Afterwards, hot cocoa will be served! Sign up on CouncilAlignMENT. All riders must be juniors and up
- Cookie Countdown –“The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of Tagalongs danced in their heads!” (That’s how the story goes, right?) Troops can start taking orders for cookies on December 14! What are your troop’s goal for cookie sales this year?? We’re cheering you on, along with this year’s mascot- Kiana the Koala!
- Uniform Sale – Need a new vest? Essential uniform pieces (vests/sash/tunics, troop numbers, council ID) are 10% off from the Cabin through December 1!
- 12 days of Girl Scouts –We’re hoping to spread some holiday cheer with 12 days of mini-contests and giveaways! Make sure you follow us on social media. In mid-December, we’ll start posting a fun contest each day.
The year 2022 has new adventures in store! One of those will be the inaugural Thin Mint Sprint, a 5k and fun run at Camp Sycamore Hills in January. Start lacing up those running shoes and stay tuned for more information!