With just a few days until Earth Day, we wanted to share a few ways you can be prepared to celebrate our planet earth the Girl Scout way – by making it a better place!
- Get outside. Being outside can help the earth and you feel better! Go on a bike ride, plan a picnic or play a game in the yard, and remember why it’s important to take care of the earth.
- Use less water. Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth, collect rainwater to water the yard or come up with a water-saving method to clean clothes.
- Plant something! Whether it’s a tree, flower or food in your garden, growing a new plant gives nutrients back to the earth.
- Bring your own bag to the grocery store. By using reusable bags and containers, you’re helping reduce the amount of waste in the world!
- Create your own up-cycled treasure. Grab an old piece of furniture and some craft supplies, and turn it into something you’ll love for years to come.
Do you have a favorite way to care for the earth? Share your story with us!