Happy September, friends! With the new Girl Scout year officially starting soon, we’re beyond excited to see troops getting into the groove! Plus, we are thrilled to welcome all the new Girl Scouts who have recently joined!
- Welcome, Adventurefuls! – Have you heard there’s a new kid on the cookie block?? Meet Adventurefuls: This brownie-inspired cookie features real cocoa and a caramel creme center. We can’t wait to share this sweet creation with everyone during the upcoming Cookie Season!
- Fall Product – With one month left, y’all are CRUSHING it at Fall Product sales! Of course, we’re not surprised, since Girl Scouts are some of the best entrepreneurs in the world! The only question left: What will your troop do with all the money you earn?
- Council Quests – We can’t wait to start this new program series! These quests (for all levels) will come in different sets throughout the year, focusing on relevant topics that help girls become knowledgable leaders. GSMIDTN will host Council Quest weekends, as well as provide materials to troops who want to execute them on their own. The first, Josephine’s Journey will take place at Camp Holloway October 9-10; sign up today!
- Want to go to Belize? – Yes, you read that right! Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee are crossing the ocean for a big adventure next summer, June 30 – July 6. See native jungle animals up close on nature hikes, explore ancient ruins, and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. For more information, check out our trip itinerary. For questions and to sign up, please contact Alice LaBour by October 1 (Cadettes-Ambassadors).
- Highest Awards – Reports Due! Bronze, Silver, and Gold Award final reports are due by September 30. This deadline is for Juniors who completed 5th grade this year (Bronze), Cadettes who completed 8th grade (Silver), and Seniors and Ambassadors who completed 12th grade (Gold). All final reports must be emailed or postmarked by September 30 at 11:59pm.
- Hispanic Heritage Month – While it’s important to honor the diversity of our world, country, and community year-round, we’re looking forward to the national celebration of our Latino friends September 15-October 15! We’ll be doing a special patch program to explore Hispanic history and culture.
- Oooopera! – Catch one of two special performances from the Nashville Opera!
- Family Opera Afternoon at Camp Sycamore Hills, September 18: Bring the family along (plus some lawn chairs or blankets) for a lovely day of music on the lawn!
- Opera Night at Camp Holloway, September 25: This special evening is for Cadettes – Ambassdors. Get dressed up and enjoy a night of hors’ d’oeuvres and opera.
- Win an Instax Mini – Register for the new Girl Scout year before September 30 for a chance to win a polaroid camera! Can’t wait to see all the great pictures our winners snap! (If you already registered earlier in the year, your name is entered in the drawing!)
As always, we want to see all the fun your troop is having! Send pictures to email@example.com so we can feature your adventures and projects on social media.