Today is Girl Scout Spirit Day and Jummah.
At the heart of Girl Scouting are many of the same values most faiths hold: supporting girls, building compassionate leaders, and making the world a better place. Today is a great day to celebrate the connections between Girl Scouting and your faith.
In Islam, Jummah is a congressional prayer the Muslim community holds on the holiest day of the week (Friday), and Girl Scout Jummah allows observing members to honor both traditions.
Ways to Represent Girl Scout Spirit Day
- Show your Girl Scout enthusiasm by wearing your uniform, vest, shirt, or Girl Scout spirit wear. Share a picture with family and friends in person or virtually!
- Write about why you love Girl Scouts and share it with others.
- Tell others about your favorite Girl Scout adventure or your favorite badge that you’ve earned.
- Sing your favorite Girl Scout song and let others hear it! You can share on Facebook, by phone with extended family, or sing it to your classmates.
- Share your photos from your favorite Girl Scout events and share them on social media, and spread your Girl Scout love to everyone.
Ways to Observe Jummah
- Attend a Girl Scout Jummah service in your community. Don’t know where to find one? Ask your Service Unit Chair, or encourage your faith community to host one!
- Play an active role in your house of worship’s service and honor the Girl Scouts who participate in both communities. Local faith partners may help you select the best options for your event.
- Share this prayer with other members of your faith community.
In the name of God, the compassionate, the merciful. Look with compassion on the whole human family; remove from us the arrogance, divisions, and hatred that have infected our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; reunite us in bonds of love; and guide us as we work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may jointly serve you in justice, peace, and harmony. AMEN.
Bonus: Invite a friend to your next Girl Scout meeting to find their own Girl Scout Spirit!
Girl Scouts creates a safe space for girls to explore their faiths and build community together. As we’re gearing up for Early Renewal, think of a friend that you can invite to join your troop! Learn more at gsmidtn.org/renew and talk to your troop leader today!