It’s almost time for Honors Day 2023!
This long-running GSMIDTN tradition is an opportunity to recognize local Girl Scouts who have worked incredibly hard and achieved Highest Awards or Stellar Seller status, along with adult volunteers who have gone above and beyond for our organization.
This year’s ceremony will take place Sunday, April 23 at Belmont University’s Curb Event Center.
We certainly hope to see you there! If you have not RSVP’d and would like to attend, please contact Alice Fair at AFair@gsmidtn.org immediately.
If you will be attending, here are a few things to keep in mind for the day
- The ceremony will begin at 2:00 p.m.
- We’ll open the doors at noon, giving people the opportunity to:
- take pictures at our photo booths (bring your own phone/camera!)
- look over our Gold Award Showcase exhibit
- check out the Cabin’s pop-up shop
- enjoy some program activities.
- If you are a Gold Awardee or Adult Awardee, you can attend your reception from 12:30pm-1:30pm.
- Make your way to your seats by 1:45 p.m.
- That’s right: new location!
- This year, Girl Scouts Honors Day will be held at Belmont University’s Curb Event Center, located at 2002 Belmont Blvd, Nashville, TN 37212. We recommend that you enter the address for the Curb Parking Garage in your GPS so that you arrive at the correct parking location. The address is 1520 Bernard Ave, Nashville, TN 37212.
- You can park for free in the Curb Parking Garage. Once you park on any garage level, take the elevators to Level 3, where you will exit the garage and enter the Curb Event Center. Belmont University’s campus map can be found here.
- As you enter Belmont’s Campus, look for signs that say “Curb Event Center” and “Girl Scout Event.”
- Please note that you will have to walk through a metal detector before entering the event center. Please leave all metal items at home or in your vehicle.
- Awardees: Wear your Girl Scout uniform!
- Girl Scouts Honors Day is a time where we show off a little formality. Award recipients must wear their official Girl Scout tunic, sash, or vest. It is highly recommended that they wear khaki pants or a skirt with a white shirt to complete the uniform, but is not required. Adult Award recipients may dress in business attire.
- The ceremony will probably last between one-and-a-half to two hours.
- While we hope you can stay to support all of the day’s awardees, we understand if you have to leave after your Girl Scout’s award is presented. However, please try to not disrupt the ceremony for others; we recommend waiting for a transition point in the ceremony to exit.
- Share your photos on social media and tag us! #GSHD #GSMIDTN