On February 22 each year, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides across the nation and the world come together to celebrate World Thinking Day.
Celebrated since 1926, World Thinking Day is a day of international friendship. It is an opportunity for girls to speak out on issues affecting young women and fundraise for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts in 150 countries.
Last year, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) started a journey through a set of three themes – Leadership; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; and Peacebuilding.
World Thinking Day 2020 builds on last year’s theme by asking girls recognize the importance of working to build a world where every person everywhere is valued and respected.
This World Thinking Day, girls will celebrate being part of a global sisterhood that is Girl Scouts and Girl Guides.
Earn your World Thinking 2020 badge by trying out these activities:
- Make a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Collage
- Explore Girl Scouts’ Past, Present, and Future
- Make a Welcome Mat
- Take an Equal Hike
- Shop in the Global Marketplace
- Interview an Activist
- Prepare and plan a Take Action Project
- Carry out your Take Action Project
Take these steps and use these resources to help you stand up and take action to advocate for positive change on global issues that are important to you! We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve.
Resources for Grades K-5
- World Thinking Day Activity Guide for Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
- Take a Stand: A Guide for Kids Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Global Action Activity Guide for Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
Resources for Grades 6-12
- World Thinking Day Activity Guide for Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Cadettes
- Share Your Passion: A Guide for Tweens Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Step Up, Stand Up, and Get Involved for Seniors and Ambassadors
- Join the Movement: A Guide for Teens Who Are Ready to Change the World
- Global Action Activity Guide for Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors