Raise your hand if you’re signed up and ready for Summer Camp 2023!
Because camp spots fill up quickly, there’s a chance of being wait-listed for your preferred week. And we know that comes with questions.
Here are some common questions and answers. We hope they help!
Our biggest hope is for every camper to have the most incredible time at Holloway and/or Sycamore Hills. That’s why we offer a wide range of camp themes and experiences. We guarantee that no matter which one your Girl Scout attends, it will be packed with loads of fun and camp magic.
1. if my camper is put on a wait-list, will they ultimately get to attend this camp program?
We do the best we can to accommodate as many girls as possible.
That said, we cannot predict or guarantee whether your camper will be placed into a program from the wait-list. Camp directors check their registration numbers weekly and make adjustments regarding cancelations, housing options, etc.
Sometimes spaces open quickly, and sometimes they do not open at all.
2. do i have to pay the registration deposit to be on the wait-list?
3. i’m on the wait-list. what are my options?
- Remain on the wait-list for a possible available space. As mentioned above, camp directors check wait-lists weekly and make adjustments. Sometimes spaces open. You may remain on the list for as long as you’d like, or you may request a transfer or refund at any time.
- Transfer to a different camp week with availability. Simply contact the camp director or Council Registrar to make this change.
- Request a refund. Contact the camp director or Council Registrar to take your name off the wait-list and request a refund.
4. can i be on the wait-list for more than one program?
Yes, you can join the wait-list for multiple programs.
However, if you receive placement in one, you must cancel your other listings within 10 days (of your CouncilAlignMENT notification). Otherwise, you forfeit your deposit for those additional programs.
5. if a spot does not open for my camper, when will i be notified? and then what happens?
The camp attendance list will be finalized one week before each program begins, on Sundays. We will notify you at that time.
In the event a spot does not open on your wait-list, we will ask if there is another camp program you would like to register for instead. If your answer is “No,” we will refund your deposit.
Do you have a question not listed here? Reach out to our camp team:
We can’t wait to see you at camp this summer!