Today’s Girls. Tomorrow’s Leaders.
Spring Registration is now open and gives current Girl Scout members the opportunity to re-register for the upcoming Girl Scout year: October 1, 2020 – September 30, 2021. We have lots of exciting information to share with you about all the incentives for signing up before June 22!
Update June 8: This year has presented unique challenges to all, and it’s more important than ever before to teach our girls the importance of being a sister to every girl. The Bring a Friend campaign encourages our Girl Scouts to extend our sisterhood to others in a time when it’s most needed.
Girl Scouts are encouraged to Bring a Friend to join their troop! After getting permission from troop leaders, girls can use the “Bring a Friend” flyer to invite friends to her troop meetings and to be a part of the Girl Scout sisterhood. Any girl who has friends to join Girl Scouts can fill out the Google Form to receive a special patch for her and her friend!
Volunteers Make the Future!
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee has always appreciated the value and support our leaders bring to our organization. Starting in the 2021 membership year, GSMIDTN is excited to honor our volunteers in the following ways:
- GSMIDTN will pay the GSUSA registration fees for one 01 and 02 for every troop.
- GSMIDTN will pay for one CPR/First Aid/AED certification, Camping Skills I, and Camping Skills II for each troop. This has been adopted as a standard practice moving forward for both our current and future volunteers, as a way to recognize them for all they do for the girls and our council in our 39 counties.
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is excited to share additional opportunities!
- 2020 Spring Registration Patch (one per girl): Spring Registration patches are uniquely designed patches specifically for families that re-register during April 3 and June 22.
- GSMIDTN Gift to Girls Patch (one per girl): Gift to Girls is the family partnership program that provides support to girls who need extra assistance to participate in Girl Scouts. Girls can receive full registration fees, uniforms, and program and camp experiences through the support our families give to the Gift to Girls program.
2021 Spring Registration Instructions – Start your registration process today!
- Visit CouncilAlignMENT.
- Log in with your username/password.
- Click on the “2020 Troop Management” box in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Then, click on “Troop Member Roster (Re-Register Option).”
- Utilize checkbox function to select current girl and adult members who plan to re-register.
- At this point, you may add any Gift to Girl donations next to the individual making the donation.
- Leaders should enter all donations and click “Add Donation” before checking any of the Xs.
- Use your troop debit card to pay for membership fees and Gift to Girl donations.
- All items that do not have a green check mark will remain in your Troop Shopping Cart until selected.
- Submit online registration by June 22, 2020.
To receive the GSMIDTN $10 subsidy per member, register online between April 3 – June 22, 2020. The national membership dues are $25 per person and these fees go directly to GSUSA. However, for girls and adults who complete spring registration, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee will subsidize $10 per member for the 2020-2021 membership year. After June 22, 2020, Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee will collect the GSUSA $25 membership fee and will not pay the subsidy.
- Financial assistance is available. Please contact your Regional Executive for instructions.
- Any Girl Scout who donates $5 or more to our Gift to Girls program will receive a patch.
- Membership staff will reach out to troop leaders with further instructions on registration benefits. Leaders are encouraged to reach out directly to the adult training department at (615) 460-0252 or VolunteerResources@gsmidtn.org to redeem training benefits.
Need Additional Help?
CouncilAlignMENT registration and virtual help sessions are available throughout April and May by the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee membership team. For assistance contact your Regional Executive by phone or email.