November is here, and believe it or not, it’s almost the start of the holiday season AND cookie season! This is such a fun season full of gratitude, family, and friends, so we’ve rounded up some of our favorite things for November to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Pumpkin Spice S’mores – at our “Fall Into Girl Scouts” event in October, the girls tried a new spin on s’mores – pumpkin spice! These fall treats were a hit, and with Thanksgiving this month, we love the idea of adding a little pumpkin to this classic treat. If you want to make your own Pumpkin Spice S’mores, simply add a little canned pumpkin and cinnamon (or leftover pumpkin pie) to your classic s’more.
- Cooking Badges – Thanksgiving is this month, so it’s the perfect time to brush up on your cooking skills and put them to use when you’re cooking with your family. To get in the spirit, earn one of our Cooking Badges with your troop or on your own! There is a badge for each level, and the materials and badges can be purchased from The Cabin by emailing email@example.com.
- The Great Trefoil Hunt – this fun twist on the traditional scavenger hunt was invented by Girl Scout Cadette, Lily, and is a fun activity to do with your troop or family! As a bonus, when you set up a Trefoil Hunt around your town, more people learn about Girl Scouts and you’ll get to build your business skills when you set up the hunt. Click here to learn more about how to start your own Trefoil Hunt.
- Make Your Own Playdough – National STEAM Day is in November, so it’s a great time to do a fun STEAM activity with your troop! This DIY Playdough activity needs the following materials: 1 cup white flour, 1 cup warm water, 2 tbsp salt, 2 tbsp cream of tartar, 2 tbsp cooking oil, and (1) 3oz package of Jello.
- Girl Scout Day at the International Spy Museum – do you have what it takes to be a spy? Find out at Virtual Girl Scout Day at the International Spy Museum on November 22, 2020! Your spy smarts and street savvy will be put to the test in Spy School workshops where you will learn the tricks of the trade. Girl Scouts will also challenge themselves in hands-on workshops and meet special guests who will share their knowledge about the shadow world of spying.
- Thanksgiving Fun Patches – we’re loving this whole new lineup of Thanksgiving Fun Patches in The Cabin, and they are selling them for only $1.25. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase one, or arrange a pickup at The Cabin.
- World Kindness Day – November 13 is World Kindness Day, and there are so many different ways to spread kindness in your community! Get with your troop and read about the history of World Kindness Day and come up with an activity to spread kindness together. Make sure to share what you do by tagging Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee on social media!
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing email@example.com.