From sundown on March 6 to sundown on March 7, we are celebrating National Day of Unplugging, and we hope you’ll join us.
We know, we know. Sharing a blog post to discuss unplugging seems a little counterintuitive, but hear us out. Whether girl or adult, it has become increasingly obvious that our constant connection is not a good thing. We believe that by powering down our electronics, we can power up the connection we have to ourselves, others, and the world.
Unplugging for 24 hours can seem daunting at first thought, so we’ve gathered up a few ideas on what you can do while you’re unplugged!
- Pack a lunch, grab a blanket, and have a picnic at your local park. Being outdoors, no matter the weather, can really lift your spirits. (Plus, we think any meal eaten as a picnic just tastes better.)
- Write a story. Make up a new character or tell something about your life.
- Bake a new recipe or learn how to cook a meal. Is there something you’ve always wanted to learn how to make? Now is your chance!
- Read a book. Get lost in a new story or revisit your favorite characters for a thrilling adventure.
- Start an art project! Whether you paint a picture of your pet, learn to knit, or create something out of clay, we know your creative juices will get flowing and you’ll be surprised on what you can do!
- Go see a play, musical, or concert. Stretch your creative interests by trying a new genre.
- Visit your local library branch or nearby museum. Check out a book or take a look at the newest art exhibit.
- Go to a sporting event or play your favorite sport. From basketball to running to ping pong, there is a sport out there for you. Try watching something new in person or get your friends to play a quick game together!
- Have a dance party. Turn up the music and move your body – make up a dance move if you have to!
- Go on a hike! Get outdoors and stretch your legs on a fun new trail.