March is our birthday month! As Cookie Season has come to an end, we have a lot of exciting things on the horizon, like the launch of another year of Adventures Anywhere, Girl Scout Week, Girl Scout Summit, and a focus on Mental Health. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite things for this month, and we hope you love them as much as we do!
- Adventures Anywhere – we’re so excited to announce our second year of Adventures Anywhere! This virtual camp option was a hit last year, and we can’t wait to bring the joy of camp to your homes. For more information and to sign up, click here.
- Ponies & Pals – our horse barn at Camp Sycamore Hills is gearing up for a lot of fun programs this spring, one of which is the very popular Ponies and Pals program! Each participant brings mom, dad, or an adult friend to spend time with the horses at Camp Sycamore Hills. Girls will groom ponies and try a leadline ride with your favorite adult leading your horse in the arena. This program is especially for Girl Scout Daisies and Brownies. For more information and to sign up, visit CouncilAlignMENT.
- Girl Scout Summit – are you ready for a day of Girl Scout fun? Join us for our Girl Scout Summit! This virtual, convention-style program will include opportunities like badge programs, college readiness programs, panels of influential women in the community, and countless chances to connect with other Girl Scouts. You will have the opportunity to choose your activities before the day of the program.
- Girl Scout Week – March 7 – 13 is Girl Scout Week, and we can’t wait to celebrate our birthday and talk about all things Girl Scout! Make sure to follow along on our blog each day of that week for a special theme to celebrate.
- Mental Health Mondays – each Monday this month, we will be posting a new series called Mental Health Mondays! These posts will include a new topic each week, as well as tips and resources. Make sure to follow along on our Facebook and Instagram to learn more about each topic!
- Cabin Annual Yard Sale – we’re having our Annual Yard Sale with the Cabin this month! This special two-day event will take place on our birthday weekend, March 12-13, as a way to celebrate! Click here to view our current Cabin inventory, and pay special attention to our Facebook to catch all of the deals that week. For more information about specific event times and details for both the FB Live and in-person Sidewalk Sale portions of the event, visit our event page.
- First Day of Spring – the first day of Spring is on March 20, and we are excited for the start of the new season! If the weather is nice, make sure to check out this blog post with a list of some of our favorite hiking spots to visit with your troop.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.