Calling all filmmakers! We want to hear from you about your experience as a Girl Scout. The winning videos will be shown at Girl Scout Honor’s Day on May 3, 2020.
Each entry must focus on at least ONE of following:
- Why did you decide to become a Girl Scout?
- What do you love about being a Girl Scout?
- Tell us something people may not know about Girl Scouts.
- How have you or your troop made an impact through Girl Scout service?
- Tell us about a new friend you made through Girl Scouts and why they are so important to you.
- Do you look up to your Girl Scout troop leader? For what reasons?
- Are there any badges you have earned or projects you have completed that have sparked an interest in a career?
- Talk about a time you took the lead. What did you learn from it?
- Name an innovator who inspires you. What about them do you find so impactful?
Tips and tricks:
- Restate the question in your answer. For example, “I decided to become a Girl Scout because … “
- Pay attention to background noise; the less there is, the easier it is to hear you (and the more likely you’ll be featured!)
- Videos in natural light (near a window, outside, etc.) are best. Just make sure you have the light source in front of you, or we won’t be able to see your faces!
- Have one person hold the camera and act as interviewer while someone else (or a group of people!) answer the questions on camera.
- All entries must be a digital video.
- Girl Scouts may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
- Videos must be shot horizontally, so turn your phone sideways if you’re using it to record.
- All entries should begin with a “title screen” that includes the following information:
- Girl Scouts’ name
- Troop number
- Title of video
- The length of the video should not exceed four minutes, not including the title screen.
- All entries should be emailed to CommunicationsDept@gsmidtn.org. You will receive a confirmation email after they have received your video.
- All entries must be submitted by April 3, 2020.
By submitting, you are confirming you agree to our media release.