Calling all filmmakers! We want to showcase your experience as a Girl Scout to be featured at Girl Scouts Honors Day on April 28, 2019. Any Girl Scout can submit a video talking about what Girl Scouts means to them. They do not need to be receiving an award at Girl Scouts Honors Day.
Each entry must focus on at least ONE of the following:
- Why did you decide to become a Girl Scout?
- What do you love about Girl Scouts?
- What is something people may not know about Girl Scouts?
- How have you or your troop made an impact through Girl Scout service?
- Tell us about new friend(s) you made through Girl Scouts and why they are so important to you?
- Do you look up to your Girl Scout troop leader and, if so, for what reasons?
- Are there any badges you have earned or projects you have completed that have sparked an interest in a career?
- Talk about a time you took the lead. What did you learn from it?
- Name an innovator who inspires you. What about them do you find so impactful?
Tips and tricks:
- Restate the question in your answer. For example, “I decided to become a Girl Scout because … “
- Pay attention to background noise; the less there is, the easier it is to hear you (and the more likely you’ll be featured!)
- Videos in natural light (near a window, outside, etc.) are best. Just make sure you have the light source in front of you, or we won’t be able to see your faces!
- Have one person hold the camera and act as interviewer while someone else (or a group of people!) answer the questions on camera.
- All entries must be a digital video.
- Girl Scouts may work together in groups or submit entries as individuals.
- Videos must be shot horizontally, so turn your phone sideways if you’re using it to record.
- All entries should begin with a 10-second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
- Girl Scouts’ name
- Troop number
- Title of video
- The length of the video should not exceed four minutes, not including the 10-second title screen.
- All entries should be emailed to CommunicationsDept@gsmidtn.org. You will receive a confirmation email after they have received your video.
- All entries must be submitted by March 28, 2019.
By submitting, you are confirming you agree to our media release.