It’s no secret that February and March are full speed ahead for Girl Scouts! With Cookie Booths underway, we are excited to see troops across town going for their cookie goals!
But it’s not all Tagalongs and Trefoils! Read on for a few other activities in the #GSMIDTN world this season.
- Cookie Commercial Contest – Girl Scouts are building so many skills as they run their cookie businesses this year. One of those skills is marketing– so let’s work on a sales pitch together! Record a video promoting your cookie sale as a troop or individually (up to one minute). Get creative! Email it to us by February 13. One winner will receive a free program for their troop!
- Yummmm – Speaking of cookies, we love trying new recipes using Girl Scouts Cookies! We love this one, which makes brownies using Thin Mints, Tagalongs, Samoas, or Trefoils. Do you have a special recipe using Girl Scout Cookies? Let us know! Share a picture on social media with #GSMIDTN or email us.
- Celebrate Black History Month – Explore the contributions, innovations, and stories of Black heroes with our Black History Month special patch. Over 500 Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee earned this patch last year, and we’re excited to keep it going. It’s critical that we prioritize more conversations about and recognition of Black history year-round. Let this month be a spark!
- XOXO, Valentine – Homemade crafts are a sweet way to show someone you care! Here are some Valentine’s-inspired crafts your troop can make for each other or others!
- World Thinking Day – Do you have your calendars marked for February 22? World Thinking Day is a Girl Scout holiday, focused on friendship and…drumroll, please…making the world a better place! The tradition is almost 100 years old and has an annual badge you can earn alongside your troop. Stay tuned for more history about this special day and ideas for celebrating!
- Karate for Concentration – Work on your martial arts skills! Premier Martial Arts Bellevue is hosting a free workshop February 26 just for Girl Scouts! The session includes basic martial arts and self defense, with techniques on focus and discipline that can be applied in everyday life. (Ages 5-13)
- Summer Camp Open House – We can hardly wait for June to come around and camp to begin! But to tide us over, we’re excited to host two open houses this spring. If you’re registered for camp, come take a tour of Camp Holloway or Sycamore Hills, meet the camp team, and sample a few activities. This is especially great for girls who will be new to camp! Register for the March 27 open house on CouncilAlignMENT.
- Haven’t signed up for a camp week yet? Do so today! Spots are filling up quickly.