It was a summer to celebrate! The return of camp, reuniting in-person…But as the hot days wind down, we’re ready for the Girl Scout year ahead to be even better! Here’s a little reflection on the summer shenanigans and what we have to look forward to!
- XOXO, CAMP – Our hearts are so full following a summer with camp back in action. Seeing girls soar through the air on the high ropes, run around during water balloon fights, create beautiful works of art, earn their camp names, and make best friends…we loved every second and hope they did too. Check out the camp scrapbook to see just some of the fun!
- Fall Product Time – Delicious chocolates, seasoned nuts, and tasty treats…these items make perfect gifts! This is one of the best opportunities for troops to raise money for either their own projects or a cause they care about. Plus, for every $500 a Girl Scout sells, she’ll be entered in a drawing for this 4-foot tall emperor penguin (this year’s Fall Product mascot)! Sales begin August 10!
- P.S. There’s a virtual Q&A for leaders, volunteers, and parents on August 5!
- Hello, New Badges! GSUSA has just introduced 28 new badges, focusing on Entrepreneurship, Math In Nature, and Digital Leadership. Learn more about them here. We gotta say…we think they’d look pretty great on your vest!
- Back to Troop Uniform Sale- Need a new uniform this year? Take advantage of this 10%-off sale for your vest or sash, council ID, and troop numbers! Orders must be placed by August 31; order form here.
- National S’mores Day – August 10. This occasion is easy– and delicious– to celebrate! Grab your friends, some marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers. Whether you’re roasting them over a bonfire or in the oven, it’s a guaranteed good time.
- Get Back on the Horse – Vaqueras Training! – Spread the joy of horseback riding with others. Vaqueras are trained to prepare horses and assist participants in the various horse programs offered at Camp Sycamore Hills. Girls must be at least 12 years old and in the seventh grade at the time of training. Adult volunteers are welcome too. Saturday, August 21
- SUPER SATURDAY SIDEWALK SALE- We must really love discounts! The Cabin’s biggest sale of the year is Saturday, August 21 (9 a.m. – 2 p.m.), and you don’t want to miss it! You’ll find all kinds of items with big price cuts!
- The Science of Happiness – It’s no secret: life includes challenging times. And sometimes we can’t control what happens, but we can control how we react. This virtual workshop on August 29 will include techniques on staying positive, even amid stressful situations.
Plus, a little look ahead…
- Adult Adventure Weekend – Adults: raise your hand if you’ve ever seen all the fun activities your Girl Scout does at camp and wished you could do the same…Now’s your chance! Climb the rock wall; swing on the high ropes, ride the horses; make an adventure all your own! Sign up for Adult Adventure Weekend, September 24-26.
Do you know of a recipe, activity, event, game, or other resource that you think others would love? Share it with us by emailing email@example.com.