Email the following to email@example.com
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
Girl Scouts offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, long-term disability, and employee assistance program (EAP). The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include, short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
2015 Summer Camp Staff
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2015 Girl Scout Summer Camps. All employment opportunities and forms can be found on our Staff Employment page.
Day Camp Director or Day Camp Staff Member
Being a part of our camps is a great way to get involved with girls in outdoor settings. Day camps run year round and generally last 3 to 5 days, with day and evening hours. Check out our Camp section to learn more about our Girl Scout day and resident camps, as well as other camp activities.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring outdoor adventure program facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year round at our camp properties. Outdoor adventure program facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in most outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more.
For adults who may not be able to commit to a long-term project, there are opportunities to get involved with girls and troops by leading programs that match both your expertise and availability. Some of these programs involve professional and financial planning, outdoor adventure, college planning, patch and badge earning, community service and much more! Check out our Programs section to see what’s available.
Volunteer Resource Specialist
Responsible for serving as an information resource for our adult volunteers; managing volunteer resources through our volunteer resource center; and acting as Council liaison for adult volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and respond to volunteer requests for information via telephone, website, email and walk-in inquires in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop, organize, update and maintain informational materials for volunteers.
- Ensure our volunteer management process is current with GSUSA and general volunteer management guidelines.
- Maintain and manage volunteer resource center inventory to ensure quality and up to date resources are available, including check in and check out of resources, adding resources, pulling items, etc.
- Promote Girl Scouting through visibility at community and area activities and events.
- Analyze feedback and volunteer insights to implement effective retention strategies.
- Coordinate recruitment, retention and communication with episodic volunteer base.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with key volunteer groups.
- Evaluate, assess and recommend modifications to volunteer support structures on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and oversee assigned budget.
- Accept additional responsibilities and perform other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of Girl Scout services and programs for girls and volunteers.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude.
- Belief in the purpose, values and mission of the Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties, and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our volunteer sign up form to start shaping the lives of girls! Visit our contact page for more information.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
Implements communications strategies aimed at enhancing membership and programming and enriching community and volunteer relations. Develops and maintains innovative, strategic communications systems aimed at enhancing the Girl Scout experience for girls and volunteers and promoting Girl Scouting to key audiences and enriching community relations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all communications activities support Girl Scouts’ efforts to include volunteers, staff and vendors who reflect the racial, ethnic, religious, geographic and socio-economic composition of the population, including those with disabilities.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive, integrated communications and marketing plan to more effectively communicate with volunteers, girls, parents and other constituents. This includes electronic and print-based communications and social media.
- Makes strategic marketing decisions for the organization in keeping with the integrity of the Girl Scout brand.
- Collaborates with each department to prepare materials that target specific audiences and execute these ideas through print, media, website or email marketing.
- Writes and edits copy for press releases, newsletters, website and other publications.
- Creates and designs brochures, invitations, and other requested communications pieces
- Periodically audits plans and materials for relevancy and effectiveness. Monitors content of all communications efforts for consistent messaging. Works with staff on all visual mediums to create image consistency.
- Develops a yearly production schedule to expedite the production and distribution of publications and supporting materials. Supervises production, distribution and use of all printed materials.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the media throughout the 39-county jurisdiction.
- Serves as a spokesperson when dealing with the media (on television, during phone interviews).
- Takes digital photos and videos at select events and activities and maintains digital archive for both.
- Supervises volunteer or paid photographers at other events and activities.
- Maintains good understanding of HTML, CSS, Flash and designing with web standards.
- Maintains updates and serves as content manager for website. Participates in efforts to improve quality of web sites. Assists in creating visually compelling, user-friendly web pages.
- Responsible for user interface and overall customer experience for Girl Scout website. This includes overall navigation flow, some layout of pages and creation of individual graphic elements.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field or qualifying experience in field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Flash and Dreamweaver.
- Technical understanding of publication production.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under deadline-oriented environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including font management
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Flash and Dreamweaver
- Strong computer skills in relevant design programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills for internal and external communication.
- Basic knowledge of photography.
- Independence to learn new software.
- Ability to meet people and establish cooperative relationships, ability to recognize and utilize community resources.
- Superior communications skills, including strong writing skills. Ability to speak well and interact with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to conceptualize communications strategies.
- Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and evidence of state required liability insurance.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend work.
- Belief in the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
MO Calls for Volunteers Button
4522 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
Fax Number: (615) 383-2288
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.