Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
Girl Scouts offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, long-term disability, and employee assistance program (EAP). The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include, short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
2015 Summer Camp Staff
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2015 Girl Scout Summer Camps. All employment opportunities and forms can be found on our Staff Employment page.
Day Camp Director or Day Camp Staff Member
Being a part of our camps is a great way to get involved with girls in outdoor settings. Day camps run year round and generally last 3 to 5 days, with day and evening hours. Check out our Camp section to learn more about our Girl Scout day and resident camps, as well as other camp activities.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring outdoor adventure program facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year round at our camp properties. Outdoor adventure program facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in most outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more.
For adults who may not be able to commit to a long-term project, there are opportunities to get involved with girls and troops by leading programs that match both your expertise and availability. Some of these programs involve professional and financial planning, outdoor adventure, college planning, patch and badge earning, community service and much more! Check out our Programs section to see what’s available.
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties, and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our volunteer sign up form to start shaping the lives of girls! Visit our contact page for more information.
Membership Extension Specialist – Hispanic Market
Part time position, 20 hours per week. Implements strategies and initiatives to build and serve a diverse girl and adult membership in the Hispanic community. Administers the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s plan of work for membership, growth and retention
Short term assignment responsible for providing direct delivery of services to girls and adult volunteers through management of assigned membership service area. Administers council’s plan of work for membership growth, retention and community development. Positions are located in Williamson, Montgomery, Rutherford and Wilson County. Accountabilities include but not liimited to:
- Ensures service area meets annual girl and adult membership goals. Specific service area goals are set annually with input from Director of Membership.
- Assists Regional Executive in overall planning and administration of geographic service area related to goals of the plan of work.
- Develops long-range strategies and plans focusing on the following – increase girl membershp through innovate and impact programs, increase girl and adult retention levels, increase volunteer knowledge, skills and attitudes, build girl and adult diversity.
- Oversees community, volunteer, and financial support and collaborations including supporting the interface and cultivation of United Way and other funding agencies throughout the service area.
- Participates in solicitation calls/presentations to key donors.
- Develops and implements a plan to ensure Girl Scout visibility locally and cultivate community relationships and support.
- High School Diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred, related work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Successful track record of managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information and resolve conflicts.
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Ability and experience in development and administration of budgets.
- Exceptional customer service, proven organizational, strong written, oral and creative problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Belief in the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
MO Calls for Volunteers Button
4522 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
Fax Number: (615) 383-2288
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.