The Fall Product Program is an integral part of the Girl Scout leadership experience and our business and economic literacy initiative for girls. Through this program, girls develop the following important skills they will be able to use throughout their lives:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics.
Girls sell magazines, nuts, candies and chocolates door to door and through an internet email sales program, to pay for their patches and activities as they begin their year’s adventure.
Fall Product Info for Parents
August – Training for fall product program coordinators, parents and girls.
Sept. 1 – 30– Order taking for magazines, candy and nuts
- Girls send emails to friends and relatives as soon as the sale begins.
- Girls take direct orders during this time.
- Order taking ends. Online/web links will be disabled at 11PM CDT
- All nut/candy direct orders and girl reward choices MUST be entered into TNOS by 11 PM CDT.
- ALL magazine order totals (traditional /paper and web/online) MUST be entered by girl into TNOS.
- Magazine payment to council deposited to council bank account.
Oct. 16 – 20 Troops submit magazine orders and validated deposit slip to their service unit fall product coordinator.
- Candy and nut products are delivered to service units.
- Candy/nut payment to council deposited to council bank account by this date.
- ALL paperwork due in product programs department.
- Shipping begins for all girl reward items, including patches and MagNutBucks, The process for issuing bonus checks and refunding any troop overpayments will begin this week.