Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
For Full-time positions, Girl Scouts offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, and long-term disability. The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include, short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
2017 Summer Camp Staff
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2017 Girl Scout Summer Camps. All employment opportunities and forms can be found on our Staff Employment page.
Day Camp Director or Day Camp Staff Member
Being a part of our camps is a great way to get involved with girls in outdoor settings. Day camps run year round and generally last 3 to 5 days, with day and evening hours. Check out our Camp section to learn more about our Girl Scout day and resident camps, as well as other camp activities.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring outdoor adventure program facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year round at our camp properties. Outdoor adventure program facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in most outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more.
Program Manager: Responsible for organizing and delivering council programs that meet the needs and interests of girls throughout our 39 county service area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, organizes and delivers programming that meets the needs and interests of our girl membership.
- Ensures our ability to meet girl recruitment and retention goals as outlined in our plan of work through delivery of high quality council events, programs, opportunities and materials.
- Develops, plans, implements, and evaluate innovative new ways to increase program activities to our diverse population of girls.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with community partners.
- Develops a list of potential partners; initiates and cultivates relationships with those partners.
- Works in partnership with regional executives to effectively communicate program offerings to fill programs to capacity.
- Markets Girl Scout programs in a variety of mediums including email blasts, flyer creation, presentations to service units, community and civic organizations and schools and churches to promote programs and girl scouting in general.
- Helps position Girl Scouting as a key community partner and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
- Maintains grant requirements and reporting for current grants and work with Fund Development search for potential funding sources.
- Models behavior consistent with the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in program delivery or development.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Creative, outgoing, motivated and able to deliver quality programs.
- Ability to see projects through from conception to completion.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Goal oriented, detail oriented, energetic and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Comfortable with a face-paced work environment.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time for large groups of 50 or more.
- Ability to handle sensitive information.
- Able to work one to three weekends a month.
- Demonstrated computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including travel throughout our 39 county service area.
Physical Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Daytime travel is required.
- A current valid drivers’ license and access to transportation is required.
For adults who may not be able to commit to a long-term project, there are opportunities to get involved with girls and troops by leading programs that match both your expertise and availability. Some of these programs involve professional and financial planning, outdoor adventure, college planning, patch and badge earning, community service and much more! Check out our Programs section to see what’s available.
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties, and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our volunteer sign up form to start shaping the lives of girls! Visit our contact page for more information.
MO Calls for Volunteers Button
4522 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
Fax Number: (615) 383-2288
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.