Email the following to email@example.com
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
For Full-time positions, Girl Scouts offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, and long-term disability. The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include, short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
Camp Director/Program Manager
Responsible for providing leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers in positioning Girl Scouts as the premier outdoor education organization for girls & young women in middle Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create year-round program activities that meet diverse girls’ needs and interests and respond to the developmental needs of girls at various age levels.Coordinate and run summer resident camp at Camp Sycamore Hills.
- Ensure that program includes resident camping, troop camping, specialty camping, and high adventure activities and direct and manage these program experiences.
- Supervise all seasonal and camp-related program staff and volunteers including recruitment, selection, placement, development, and release.
- Ensure that camp facilities meet established standards before, during, and after camp sessions. Coordinate and work with the site manager to identify and resolve property issues and needs.
- Promote a positive work environment and high staff morale through staff communication and staff development activities; ensure that a balanced level of activity is maintained.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of schedules and procedures for camp operations; maintain and review records and evaluations of staff, volunteers, programs, operations, and related infrastructures.
- Enforce all camp rules and policies, including personnel policies.
- Enforce a high level of safety and health standards, following emergency procedures as outlined.
- Work within the established budget to meet the operational and staffing needs of the camp, including equipment, supplies, food, trading-post inventory, and staffing levels.
- Develop and manage a group of program consultants that consists of consultants and volunteers that act as a resource for program delivery and aid in delivery and development.
- Actively collaborate with youth organizations and other community agencies.
- Serve on the Program/Property Committee and work with the Property Manager to insure that Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee owned/leased sites support the needs of program.
- Ensure that all outdoor activities conform to the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s risk and safety management system and comply with federal, state and local regulations and GSUSA policies related to health, safety and security.
- Conduct ongoing market research with girls (both scouts and non members), community groups and families, to determine their interest in outdoor program.
- Respond to family and volunteer concerns about our camp or outdoor program(s).
- Apply a continuous quality improvement process in delivering program and design and implement a program evaluation system that determines the impact of programming on girls’ development and maintains communication with girls about their programming interests.
- Develop and monitor the camp program budget.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred, related work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum five years of experience as a Camp Director, preferably a resident camp, and experience supervising camp staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of youth programming, with an emphasis in outdoor education / nature studies.
- Proven ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to relate well to girl and adult audiences.
- Honest, strong work ethic, solution oriented and possess a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and sensitivity to pluralism issues.
- Belief in the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, walk at a brisk pace on uneven terrain and climb stairs. The employee will work in the outdoors, which includes regular exposure to heat and humidity during resident camp. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
2016 Summer Camp Staff
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camps. All employment opportunities and forms can be found on our Staff Employment page.
Day Camp Director or Day Camp Staff Member
Being a part of our camps is a great way to get involved with girls in outdoor settings. Day camps run year round and generally last 3 to 5 days, with day and evening hours. Check out our Camp section to learn more about our Girl Scout day and resident camps, as well as other camp activities.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring outdoor adventure program facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year round at our camp properties. Outdoor adventure program facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in most outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more.
For adults who may not be able to commit to a long-term project, there are opportunities to get involved with girls and troops by leading programs that match both your expertise and availability. Some of these programs involve professional and financial planning, outdoor adventure, college planning, patch and badge earning, community service and much more! Check out our Programs section to see what’s available.
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties, and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our volunteer sign up form to start shaping the lives of girls! Visit our contact page for more information.
Both Full Time and Part Time Positions are available:
Position Overview –
Front line service professional and brand representative for Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee. Responsible for building customer loyalty and increasing the relationships with each and every interaction. They do this by establishing meaningful connections and confidently driving accurate and appropriate resolutions to problems with customer orders, questions or other aspects of the customer experience. Customer Service Representatives work onsite at our Nashville location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist walk in and phone customers, with potential for extended periods of high volume.
- Offer upsells to help complete their troop or individual needs – making compelling offers and/or presenting appropriate alternatives when necessary.
- Use the register to finalize the customer’s sale.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer care excellence, maintaining focus and positivity, while resolving challenging or complex problems
- Apply active listening skills, interject and paraphrase appropriately to best understand the customer’s needs and wants
- Make confident decisions and take meaningful and appropriate action using available tools and resources according to SOPs
- Troubleshoot problems encountered within the customer experience
- Take personal initiative to achieve goals and objectives
- Ensure that inventory is stocked and inform management of items that need reordering.
- Oversees inventory and conducts periodic checks throughout the year to provide for accurate year end inventory.
- Clear understanding of all details related to credit card processing and the legal ramifications related to this. PCI compliance.
- Maintains an esthetically appealing shop that is free of any obstacles or dangers for visitors.
- Keep all tax exempt records updated and notify volunteers of their status.
- Other related job duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong organizational, detail orientation and follow through skills
- Strong communication skills and a desire to make customers happy
- Ability to connect with the customer and bring excitement to the customers purchase
- Prefer previous experience in sales/customer service. Girl Scout experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:.
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exception customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
- Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report.
- Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License and state required proof of insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
MO Calls for Volunteers Button
4522 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
Fax Number: (615) 383-2288
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.