Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter Indicating Position
- Salary Requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in our employment, training, compensation, or promotion practices.
Girl Scouts offers employer paid time off (PTO), paid life insurance, long-term disability, and employee assistance program (EAP). The Council also pays for a portion of employee medical and dental insurance. Optional benefits include, short-term disability, vision, flexible spending accounts, additional life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
Assistant Camp Director/Program Specialist
- Create year-round outdoor program activities that meet diverse girls’ needs and interests and respond to the developmental needs of girls at various age levels.
- Assist Camp Director with coordination and run overnight summer camp
- Ensure that outdoor program includes resident camping, troop camping, specialty camping, contemporary issues, and high adventure activities and direct and manage these program experiences.
- Assist Camp Director with supervison of all seasonal and camp-related program staff and volunteers including recruitment, selection, placement, development, and release.
- Ensure that camp facilities meet established standards before, during, and after camp sessions. Coordinate and work with the site manager to identify and resolve property issues and needs.
- Promote a positive work environment and high staff morale through staff communication and staff development activities; ensure that a balanced level of activity is maintained.
- Assist Camp Director with the implementation of schedules and procedures for camp operations; maintain and review records and evaluations of staff, volunteers, programs, operations, and related infrastructures.
- Enforce all camp rules and policies, including personnel policies.
- Enforce a high level of safety and health standards, following emergency procedures as outlined.
- Work within the established budget to meet the operational and staffing needs of the camp, including equipment, supplies, food, trading-post inventory, and staffing levels.
- Develop and manage a group of outdoor program consultants that consists of consultants and volunteers that act as a resource for program delivery and aid in delivery and development.
- Actively collaborate with youth organizations and other community agencies.
- Ensure that all outdoor activities conform to the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s risk and safety management system and comply with federal, state and local regulations and GSUSA policies related to health, safety and security.
- Conduct ongoing market research with girls (both scouts and non members), community groups and families, to determine their interest in outdoor program.
- Respond to family and volunteer concerns about our camp or outdoor program(s).
- Apply a continuous quality improvement process in delivering outdoor program and design and implement a program evaluation system that determines the impact of outdoor programming on girls’ development and maintains communication with girls about their programming interests.
- Develop and monitor the assigned program budgets.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by management
To apply send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
2014 Summer Camp Staff
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2014 Girl Scout Summer Camps. All employment opportunities and forms can be found on our Staff Employment page.
Day Camp Director or Day Camp Staff Member
Being a part of our camps is a great way to get involved with girls in outdoor settings. Day camps run year round and generally last 3 to 5 days, with day and evening hours. Check out our Camp section to learn more about our Girl Scout day and resident camps, as well as other camp activities.
Outdoor Adventure Program Facilitators
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee is currently hiring outdoor adventure program facilitators to work part time, flexible hours year round at our camp properties. Outdoor adventure program facilitators deliver quality programs designed by Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee and scheduled by the Outdoor Adventure Manager.
We provide training in most outdoor adventure areas such as archery, canoeing, high ropes, kayaking, obstacle courses, rappelling, rock climbing, team adventure, tree climbing and more.
Service Unit Volunteer
Service units are groups of troops in a given geographical area. These groups provide service support to volunteers like you and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee council. These positions deal with overall troop management in your area and have varying level to time commitment and activity. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin helping Girl Scout troops in your area.
For adults who may not be able to commit to a long-term project, there are opportunities to get involved with girls and troops by leading programs that match both your expertise and availability. Some of these programs involve professional and financial planning, outdoor adventure, college planning, patch and badge earning, community service and much more! Check out our Programs section to see what’s available.
Girl Scout Trainer
For those that carry both the heart of a teacher and professional expertise to help leaders and other volunteers become successful adult Girl Scouts. Training is offered throughout our 39 counties, and runs year-round. Classes are offered during both day and evening hours, as well as on weekends. Complete the volunteer sign up form to begin giving adult Girl Scouts the valuable tools they need.
Troop leaders serve as key role models to girls and are at the center of the Girl Scout Movement. Time commitment can vary and the provided training gives you the necessary tools to be a successful troop leader. As a leader, you have flexibility in helping the girls take ownership in their activities as a troop. Fill out our volunteer sign up form to start shaping the lives of girls! Visit our contact page for more information.
MO Calls for Volunteers Button
4522 Granny White Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
Fax Number: (615) 383-2288
We appreciate your interest in employment with the Girl Scouts. All applicants who have submitted resumes will be considered; however, only the best-qualified candidates will be interviewed.