Leader Appreciation Day at Cheekwood
1200 Forrest Park Drive
Saturday, May 4
11am – 2pm
On this special day of recognition, girls will explore Cheekwood as they take garden tours, participate in gallery talks and do hands-on art and garden activities. Leaders will be honored during a reception that celebrates their hard work and commitment to Girl Scouts.
- Insects in the Garden Tour
- Flowers at Cheekwood Garden Tour
- Amazing Trees Tour
- Sculpture Trail Hike
- Gallery Talks with Museum Docents
- Outdoor Watercolor Painting
- Insect Art Activity
- Self-guided Activities to do at your own pace – Botanical Bingo, Howe Garden Activity Book and Backpack Adventure
- Leader Appreciation Reception
Admission for this event is $3 per girl scout, $10 per adult (troop leader and co-leader are free) and $5 per sibling. Pre-registration is required. Payment must be made upon arrival. Groups are welcome to bring a picnic lunch or make reservations in Cheekwood’s restaurant, The Pineapple Room. Cheekwood badges will be available for purchase.
Troops must pre-register for the day by clicking on this link:
Questions? Please contact Karen Kwarciak at 353-6973 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: Registration ends on April 17, 2013.